PRISTINA — The Kosovar Centre for Security Studies (KCSS) are inviting you to the discussion of the role of the Kosovo Assembly in police governance. The event will be held on Wednesday, 18 of April 2018 from 10:00, at “Orion” Conference Center, Prishtina.
The event aims to raise discussions on key issues about the parliamentary oversight towards the Kosovo Police, with particular emphasis on enhancing the police integrity in Kosovo.
The following topics will be discussed at the event:
- What is the performance of the parliamentary oversight to enhance police integrity in Kosovo?
- What is the role of the relevant Parliamentary Committee in regard to the recent events within the Kosovo Police linked to police corruption?
- Does the Kosovo Assembly have the necessary resources to oversee the Kosovo Police and the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo?
- What are the results of the Working Group of the relevant Parliamentary Committee on monitoring the Law on the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo?
- Representative, Kosovo Police (TBC)
- Xhelal Sveçla, Member of the Committee on Internal Affairs, Security and Oversight of the Kosovo Security Force, Assembly of Kosovo
- Fatmir Xhelili, Member of the Committee on Internal Affairs, Security and Oversight of the Kosovo Security Force, Assembly of Kosovo
- Plator Avdiu, Researcher, KCSS
- Donika Marku, Researcher, KCSS
The working language of the conference is Albanian. Simultaneous translation into English will be provided.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Tringa Naka, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +381 38 221 420. We look forward to your contribution and would be grateful if you could respond to the invitation until Monday, 16 of April 2018.
The conference is part of the project “Western Balkans Pulse for Police Integrity and Trust”. The project is supported by the European Union through the “Civil Society Facility” programme. The views expressed in the project are exclusively those of KCSS and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.