TIRANA – Institute for Democracy and Mediation within the framework of the regional POINTPULSE network is pleased to invite you to the roundtable “Assessment of Internal and External Control Mechanisms in the Albanian State Police”, to be held in the premises of Hotel Tirana International, on 12 of December 2017 at 11:00.
The aim of the roundtable is to present the research findings and recommendations on the effectiveness of the police internal control and external oversight mechanisms in Albania.
The following questions will be discussed at the event:
- How operative are police internal control mechanisms?
- What is the impact of parliamentary oversight in building police integrity?
- How effective are independent regulatory institutions in overseeing the policing?
- What can be done in order to improve police internal control and oversight?
- Besnik Baka, Independent Expert;
- Besjana Kuci, Researcher, Institute for Democracy and Mediation;
- Redion Qirjazi, Researcher, Institute for Democracy and Mediation.
This roundtable welcomes the contribution of representatives of the National Security Committee, representatives of the Ministry of Interior, State Police, Prosecutor’s Office, the People’s Advocate, the Supreme State Audit, the High Inspectorate for Declaration and Audit of Assets and Conflict of Interest, the Commissioner for the Information and Protection of Personal Data, National Coordinator against Corruption, representatives of civil society, media and the international community.
Please confirm your participation by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +355 4 240 0241.
The discussion will be conducted in Albanian. Simultaneous translation to English will be provided.